Candle Burning Tips.
Did you know ?
Soy candles have a memory.
This is very important to know. When you light a soy candle for the first time it remembers how far across the surface it melted. For best results and longest enjoyment of your candle let your candle surface completely liquefy before extinguishing it !
This may take 2-5 hours depending upon the size of the candle.
This will result in a longer lasting soy scented candle without the occurrence of tunnelling down the center.
- Keep the wick trimmed to 0.5cm to prevent smoking and carbon mushrooming of the wick. Re-trim the wick before each use.
- Soy wax candles can be cleaned by using a luke warm damp cloth, simply wipe off any dust or marks. And can be removed from fabric.
- Keep your glassware for jewellery, treasures or spices by simply washing them and popping them in the dishwasher.
- Burn in a draft free area clear of combustible material such as curtains, etc.
- Candles should be spaced apart while lit to prevent uneven burning.
- Keep the burn pool clean, never throw matches into the candle.
- Keep candles out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources to avoid discolouring.
- Always place candles on or in a non-combustible, heat-resistant base set on a level stable surface.
- Extremes of heat and cold should be avoided.
- DO NOT burn for more than 6 hours at a time.
- Glass will get hot DO NOT move glass while lit.
ONCE PURCHASED, THE CANDLE SAFETY BECOMES THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THAT PERSON.